Monday, March 12, 2012

No Mask Like Open Truth

No mask like open truth to cover lies, as to go naked is the best disguise. 

  So I was looking for something on Google to support my theory of 'the best way to cover the truth'. And I found the above quote. Another search led me here. 

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Truth 

In my story, the main character is trying to hide his own great power and skill by talking big, making everyone to ignore him or not believing in his every claim. In my opinion, some truth are best spoken to cover it. 

No mask like open truth to cover lies,
As to go naked is the best disguise.
William Congreve, in "The Double Dealer"

I know that's a secret, for it's whispered everywhere.
William Congreve, in "Love for Love"

Well I got sidetracked for an hour searching for supporting sites or articles but to no avail. However this is the concept that I want to include in my story. Light and darkness, truth and lies and deception.

No comments:

Post a Comment